Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:46:23 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fridge madness 201 (average temperature)
Comments: To: Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>

You CAN test the fridge fan without removing the fridge.

Remove the vent grill below the stove on the upper left side of the cabinet. Inside you will see a small round device screwed to the fins of the fridge. There will be 2 wires going to it. This is the fan temp switch. When it gets hot enough it should turn the fan on. Apply a small amount of heat to it such as with a hair dryer set to high. It should turn on in less than a minute.

If the temp switch is bad, you can still test the fan by connecting the 2 wires together. Just unplug one and touch it to the other. The fan should spin right away. The temp switches do go bad but not as often as the fans do.

Mark

Ben huot wrote: > ........... > 3-I did those test in a 48hours period, never heard the fan in the back of > the fridge (I was not there all the time and it's still cold up here-65F), > do all Dometic 182B have fan in the back, if the fan or thermo sensor is > dead, what is the consequence associate with that malfunctions. Is there > any danger or just a poorer fridge operation? (overheating=less cooled > air?) I am hitching to remove the fridge but it's working fine! I guest > there is no easy way to test the fan (in the back) without removing the > fridge. > I really don't like to play with the old propane connection behind this > one. When I was young a family of 4 died in a camper-trailer when the > propane system/tank exploded 4 spot from our camping place. I am a bit > traumatize today. > > What is your opinion? Should I remove the fridge too see if the fan is > working or the hell with that and just camping for the FIRST TIME THIS > SEASON!!!!!!! (Apart of the Busfusion meeting). >