Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:47:35 -0600
From:         Paul Chubbuck <paul@OPTECS.COM>
Subject:      87 Westy fridge wireing question
Comments: cc: lemore@YAHOO.COM

>>Has anyone found a way to test the fridge on gas without putting it back in?

Yes. Simply go to a supplier of propane or a good hardware store and you can buy a flexible gas extension hose. Screw it into the outlet where you unattached the fridge and into the inlet on the fridge. I'd probably do this with the fridge sitting in the van, but if you buy a long enough extension you could do it in your living room. You could also attach it to one of those portable gas canisters and have it anywhere.

>>3.) This is my real question: Attached to the gas control unit (the little button you press and hold while operating the piezo lighter on the pump knob) is a single black wire. This little black wire runs off to under the sink where it just disappears into a larger loom of wires and off into who knows where.

That black wire, if it is like mine, runs from the top of the fridge where it connects to the thermocouple which allows the gas to flow into the burner, or not if the flame goes out. From there it runs where you traced it and then to the back of the indicator panel where it activates the little light that tells you whether the flame is going or not.

Good luck.

Paul