Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:34:26 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      New Cheap South African Grills are Here!  (Also Cheap Mud Flaps)

For those who have been awaiting my promised cheaper prices on South African 4-headlight grills and lower wrap-around grills (see my post of March 14) - they're here! Also, I got a similar price reduction on Mud Flaps as well (see below).

Pricing is as follows:

Mud Flaps - $65.95 for a set of 4. My part # 6881, my regular price $100. These are the same ones I've been selling for years (genuine Volkswagen/South Africa, as are the grills). They look very similar to the stock U.S. style mud flaps, but mount differently (they are intended to clip to the wheel wells, but it's easy to fabricate a simple bracket for a more permanent solution) and are a harder plastic-like rather than a rubber-like material. The rears have a white VW emblem. I have had a set on my '89 Westy for about two years now, and they've worn exceptionally well.

Upper 4-headlight grill kit - $179.95. My part # 1495, my regular price $300. This includes the grill, emblem, and genuine VW inner lights. You can see a picture of both this and the lower wraparound grill at http://www.busdepot.com/spoiler.htm . Fits all Vanagons ('86-up will need a set of outer lights and buckets; see below).

Lower wraparound grill (goes all the way around the turn signals) - $85.95. My part # 5239, my regular price $150. Fits all watercooled Vanagons.

Recommended accessories for the 4-headlight grill kit:

Stock Vanagon fog light switch kit - $14.20. My part number ZVW 123 251. Not required (as you can wire the inner lights to turn on with your stock high beams), but if used, this allows you to manually control or override the operation of the inner lights. This illuminated switch looks like the other switches in your dash, and fits in the blanked out switch spot on your speedo cluster.

H4 outer headlights - $33.20/pair. My part # HQ6014. If you have an '85 or earlier you don't need these, as your existing round headlights will work as the outer lights. (Although they are a definate upgrade even then, if you're still using sealed-beams.) But if you have an '86-up, you will need some sort of round outer lights to replace your rectangular ones. This generic set of H4 headlights for $34.95 will do the job just fine. I also sell a set from Hella for $104 if you want to go first class (order two of part number 938 874 at $52 each w/discount).

Note, If you have an '86-91, you will also need to find/fabricate a pair of buckets for the round outer lights. The easiest way to do this is to get a pair from a '68-85 Bus or Vanagon at a junkyard, as they are commonplace and cheap.

This is special listmember-only pricing, and only good until the end of the month (about 10 days from now). In about a week I will be offering the general public special sale pricing on what's left, but those prices will still be higher than what I've listed above. So listmembers are getting both first crack at the available stock, and a lower price, than the general public. The deadline for ordering at these prices will be next SUNDAY, JUNE 30 (or, if ordered by phone, Friday June 28, since we're closed weekends). After that, the new publicly posted sale prices will apply, which will be a bit higher. You must specify that you are a listmember when ordering (verbally if by phone; in the "comments" section of the order form if by web) to get these prices. These prices will not be on the website, but as long as you specify that you're a listmember we'll adjust the price before shipping. (Shipping charges apply as usual, of course.)

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT