Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:41:26 -0400
From:         Clarence J Falarski <lamont@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: camping near Portland

Gerry:

Besides my Westy I ride a BMW motorcycle and belong to the BMW motorcycle riders of Southern Maine. Every Spring we hold a rally North of Portland near thr town of Bath . The campground we use is called Hermit Island, it is located about 20 miles East of Bath Maine off hwy. 209 in the town of Phippsburg, and is one of the loveliest places that I know of. It is located right on the ocean and has sites overlooking the water that are truly unbelievable, sites are also available in secluded wooded areas, it has all of the facilities that you might want. Nearby are restaurants where the lobster and other sea food that is just great.. Five miles away is a state park named Pompem Beach where you can watch the Sea Loins romp and play in the water. I also go there every September and watch the Fall colors. Beleive me it is a place you will never tire of and always return. regards. You might want to do a search on the net or for Hermit Island or get on the Maine tourist Bureau web site. Regards. clarence 90 multi.