Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:01:39 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sink water pump - 81 Westy
Comments: cc: Dylan Spurgin <vanagon@MAIL.SPURGIN.NET>

> My van came missing the water pump for the sink. In searching > for one all I can find is GoWesty's part number 253-070-126A. > picture @ http://www.gowesty.com/pics/253-070-126A.jpg > > This doesnt seem to have the electrical hook-ups I need and other > sites list it to be installed under the water tank. My best > deductions tell me that mine was installed under the sink since > the water hose is spliced there and there is a hanging 12v plug > not being used next to the splice. > > Does anyone know if this is or is not the pump I need and if not > where I can find what I am looking for?

There were two versions of the pump used in '81. Some used the external style pump, as shown in the Go Westy picture, while some used the later version that mounts inside the tank itself. If you don't have an in-tank pump (easy to check; look in the tank, or for evidence of wiring going into the tank), then the inline one you saw is probably the closest one to what you have, assuming yours is not original.

I'm not really sure what you mean by it not having the electrical hookups that you need. All any pump has is one positive and one negative wire. The positive wire goes to 12 volts, via the faucet/switch, and the negative to ground. You simply splice it into your existing wiring. (The latest pumps I've seen no longer have a fuse holder; if so, you'd want to splice in after your existing fuse holder, or use a generic fuse holder. Never connect anything unfused to your van's electrical system.) If you're looking for something with a specific plug to match the previously existing aftermarket pump, rather than having to splice the wire, you're unlikely to find it.

Incidentally, we carry these as well (for slightly lower cost): External sink pump ('75-81) 253 070 1026A $24.95 In-Tank sink pump ('81-91) 255 070 805 $29.95 Add enough to bring the order to $50 and the 5% listmember discount drops the price a bit further.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT