Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Jun 2002 07:53:53 -0700
From:         DaveC <voicebox@DNAI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon early vs. late grille fitment?

>"The ones you'd want are the ones from LHD countries which dip to the RIGHT >unless you are in a RHD country like the UK, Oz (NZ?), Japan, etc. Then >you'd want the ones which dip to the RIGHT." >BenT > >Pardon my buttinski please: Are you sure you mean right on both? Is it dip >left in LHD countries and visa versa?

Maybe the problem is one of semantics, the definition of LHD. LHD, if I understand, means steering wheel on the left side of the dash board. Drive car on the right side of the road.

For this definition, yes, the low beam cutoff dips on the left so as to not shine in the eyes of oncoming drivers. The headlight cutoff rises on the right side of the road so as to light hazards on the shoulder (deer ready to leap onto the road, etc.). RHD cars use lamps with right cutoff, per this definition.

BTW, I am asking the question about grille fitment for the purpose of putting a SA 4-light grille into a pre-86 Vanagon.

Dave -- Dave Carpenter

Whatever you wish for me, May you have twice as much.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke