Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Jun 2002 23:32:18 -0700
From:         patrice b <prb@TELEVAR.COM>
Subject:      Re: westy - over the wheel strip?

> Why is there a clear strip of something over the body where my tires > are? IS this some time of protection?

Yes-- it's a "stone guard" so stones flying up from the tires (and not caught by mudflaps cuz you probably don't have them--depends on the year maybe, I'm not sure...I know I don't have 'em) won't dink your paint there. Kinda puny protection in my opinion, but there you have it. I only noticed mine the other day during a consult with the person who's about to repaint my van and I asked him what it was...we were looking at all the stone dinks around the little clear plastic bit....

>How can I get another strip?

Any body repair place would have the stuff in sheets and could either make a pattern and cut and place it, or sell you some and you could do that. I haven't looked for the pre-cut replacements, but I doubt it's worth the cost if you find them-- but I could be wrong.

--Patrice 85GL "VanaBlue"