Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:56:44 -0600
From:         Ben McCafferty <ben@KBMC.NET>
Subject:      Re: facts on carfax or autocheck
Comments: To: gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>

Also be aware that neither service gets all information. For example, my 1998 Honda Accord was smashed in the back, $5,200 in damage, and when I sold it, I ran a CarFax report to give to prospective buyers. No mention anywhere of an accident, even though the CHP had taken a report. So you still should have AAA or a mechanic do an inspection if you're not comfortable doing it yourself. Incidentally, I did disclose the wreck to potential buyers, which didn't help my sale price, but helped my conscience.... bmc :) "Faith will move mountains, but you'd better bring a shovel...."