Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:01:13 -0500
From:         John Gladu <jgladu@BCM.TMC.EDU>
Subject:      middle seats without headrests...

I bought a set of middle row seats to replace my broken ones in my '90. Mine had headrests, the replacements do not. I succeeded in swapping the right side upper seat, but the left one from mine is bad (base is broken). The seat fabric on the replacement has no holes in it for the headrest, but it feels like there is a round hole under the fabric for a headrest.

Anyone know if that's the case - that I could just punch a hole through the fabric and install the headrest into this other, possibly older, seat?

I was going to pull the fabric off of the broken seat back to see what's inside and how the headrest is installed. I'd rather not pull the fabric off the "good" (but headrestless) seat if I don't have to. --

bcnu - Grungy (Houston, TX) '60 dddPanel '69 Bug '90 Vanagon '93 Eurovan '00 Audi A6 Avant grungy@mindless.com opinions are just that.obviously.