Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:16:13 +0100
From:         Clive Smith <clive.harman-smith@NTLWORLD.COM>
Subject:      Re: Best grease to use for CVs

Gary,

Thats garbage,

1) The UK Fish and chips are the best in the world, as with CV joints we've been addicted to them for longer than you. 2) Wheel bearings get hotter than CV joints, they're nearer the action, so its not that! 3) CV joints, if you study the design, work totally different than ball roller bearings. They don't roll as much or as purely, they also slide, simple plane bearing its known as, but under very high loads when the displacement angle is high at the same time that applied torque is too. 4) So I'd say that your last word on the subject, namely '..so I would say most any auto > grease will work just avoid those saturated animal > fats. Some auto grease on the market sold in England > is considered evironmental friendly but I am sure it > does not make a good fish and chips.'

is a load of old cobblers (and dangerous advice too)!

----- Original Message ----- From: "gary hradek" <hradek@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 4:42 PM Subject: Best grease to use for CVs