Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:17:30 -0700
From:         Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brake problems
Comments: To: Brent Christensen <sbsyncro@HOTMAIL.COM>

Assuming that you know the master cylinder is good, I'd check the brake hose - they can develop internal blockage could cause the symptoms you describe. Second, you might want to check the caliper and make sure the piston moves freely in the bore. If any corrosion has settled in here, it will increase the resistance to the piston and cause the caliper to drag. Lastly, make sure the two pins that the caliper housing glides on are clean and lubricated with caliper grease. Also, the Master cylinder could be going bad and not allowing the fluid to return

Todd '88 Westy