Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Jul 2002 11:14:58 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      (Rant) Need to Bitch!

I am so pee'd off!

I have just installed the third set of headlight adjusters in less than two years on my van.

Some of the twits that are working in some of these garages and oil change facilities need their butts kicked. If you are not standing there every second, sooner or later, when you are in the can or elsewhere they are going to move the vehicle a few feet and for convenience they are not going to start the engine but are going to push it by hand. And guess where they are going to put their hands to push???? Right on the head light. And the minute they push they break the plastic alignment adjusters.

I had my machine into my favorite and experienced 'V'gon mechanics shop, and some helper moved the van and managed to pop both right and left headlight adjusters. I discovered what had happened when I got home. Given the breaks my mechanic had given me over the years with my vans, I didn't pursue it with him, I just got the parts and fixed it myself. But it was an aggravation, cost me my beer money for the week( Grrr!!), and took time I could have spent on another project.

The last time this happened was last year at an oil change facility. And before that at another garage.

You would think they would know better. But, when the oil changers have to ask where the engine is...........well, what can I say!

Rant over,

Thanks for "listening".

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver