Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:56:08 -0600
From:         Andrew Fox <afox@CNR.COLOSTATE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: continuing almost overheating problem.
Comments: To: Markus Kruse <markus@wwar.com>

The gauges in the vanagon suck. I had a similar problem and replaced everything you replaced and more and then i took it to a shop and they tested the temp with an infrared gun and it was'nt overheating. They sell teh guns at radio shack for around $50 and they should be the first part you buy when you suspect your van is overheating not the last. If you are overheating the gun will help you determine where in the cooling system you are hot. The voltage regulator at the back of the insturment cluster may also be causing your temp gauge to be off. It is easy to check/replace. See bentley for instructions.

Andrew