Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Jul 2002 15:45:14 -0400
From:         Bob O Shaughnessy <vanagon@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>
Subject:      FS: 85 GL with basic Westy interior

I'm only allowed to have one Vanagon at a time, so the 85 has to go.

The good: ~35k on rebuilt 1.9L engine. Ceramic coated heads and valves, new bearings, pistons & cylinders, oil pump, water pump, and clutch. This is a great engine, powerful and consistently around 20mpg 4sp manual trans is in great shape. 120mph speedometer and tachometer instrument cluster VDO Oil pressure gauge Basic Westfalia interior, rear cabinets (the big door one), folding bed with mattress over engine bay, fold-out table and rear facing seat behind the driver. Replacement black bumpers, front and back. Back one in good shape.

The bad: S&S exhaust has a bit over a year of life left. Bosal factory muffler is ~1 year old. Body is solid but has some good size dents. Worst is the one on the driver's B-pillar. Some seam rust too. A/C needs to be charged. Driver's inside CV joint is clicking Front blower fan is dead, new one included, but not installed. Driver's door handle is gone. I'm trying to find a new one.

This was my daily driver for two years after I finished the rebuild. Since I've gotten my TDI, it has been my wife's kid hauler. It has always been extremely reliable and a great van to drive.

All told I'm guessing that it's worth $1500 or so, but any offers will certainly considered.

Bob O'Shaughnessy, Columbus, OH vanagon@columbus.rr.com 99 A3 Jetta TDI 85GL with basic Westy interior 82 Diesel Westy (with blown engine) + Quantum TD engine 74 Bus (Dad's) 72 Wife, 95 Cat, 96 Cat, 98 Kid, 00 Kid, 01 Dog 25 House