Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Jul 2002 22:45:49 -0400
From:         Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      A small ECU question before I go.

Hi, first, good Fourth of July to my southern neibhors, I hope that sad isolated event (shooting) in LA didn't lower your American holiday spirit!!!

Not so long ago a ask if anyone had a spare ECU (Digifan 86/91 part #025 906 022) for sell, a few of you guy did offer one (and I tank you) but I finally bought one from Stephen in CA.

I receive this one today and sadly it doesn't work, it's very clean outside in inside but it's dead, I cleaned all metal contact plate (main connector), I also unplug the battery to try to reset this one without any success. I got no pump humming (priming) when the ignition key is at the ON position before start (working with mine) and no noise form the ECU by itself either.

I opened this one to take a look and I don't see any composite/ parts burned or fried, the solder looks fine, I don't see any "Cold" one. Well if any of you guys have a quick suggestion I would appreciate. Instead of sending this one right away to Stephen I could also try to have this one check by my friend (Electronic engineer) if I could get the electronic schematic plan or layout of this one??? If not I could also use a repair address for those, I would check with them when returning for my well needed vacation (leaving this Saturday) I will check my e-mail a few time tomorrow for any suggestion. I have some basic electronic knowledge so I could try a few solutions if you have some.

On a last note!

As I said before, I will be leaving Saturday for 2-3 week for a relaxing type of vacation, not to much driving in the westy (no more than 3000 miles) on the eastern part of Canada visiting eastern Quebec, NB, PEI and maybe NS. Maybe, and a hope! To meet a few westy owner on the road, maybe 1 or 2 of you guys, we never know!!! It's a small world. I have decided to not bring my portable computer/cellular connection with me (I think it's a wise decision!!!! I got to get away from those devil machine) so I won't be able to take any e-mail!!! (Talking about my westy page).

Finally, I want to thanks everyone who helped me on this list, many did!!! Especially at the beginning of my westy experience, many thanks to you all. I think that by doing my web page I helped a few also, this was done because I wanted to do the same for others than some did for me!!! Also because it's easy for me to put stuff online. (Not do easy to write in English!)

Lately I have been a bit arrogant and I fully apologise if I offended anyone, truly sorry, sincerely!!! I had to cope with difficult personal problem lately and it was showing in my writing and with my personal friend.

I think you are a bunch of cool guys and I hope to meet a few of you guys in a near future as a will be traveling through the states on to Mexico next winter.

Regards to you all and have a nice month of July. Peace! Ben

Ps.: in the mean time, think of some stuff you could bring to http://www.vwvans.com/ http://pages.infinit.net/eurokit/