Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Jul 2002 12:36:59 -0700
From:         Jack <john.cook58@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: seating layouts for weekenders, & mattress deck replacement
Comments: To: jax harvell <jhny@EARTHLINK.NET>

Jax,

I have an '85 Vanagon GL which I assume has the "Weekender" package from reading here, although I don't remember that name when I bought the vehicle new.

The center seat faces forward - don't know if it could be reversed or not - the backs of the seat will fold forward somewhat but not flat. The full-width rear seat pivots forward slightly and then folds flat and butts up against the center seat backs.

The upholstered pad over the engine area is solid foam (4-5 inches thick) and is contoured to fit exactly in the area and level it out for a good sleeping surface.

I have no cabinets or other additions which I guess are sometimes included with this package.

I hope that description helps. Sorry, I don't easily have the facility for making digital pictures but I can try if you really need them.

//Jack '85 Vanagon