Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:38:11 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Sway bars
Comments: To: steve@SYNCRO.ORG

Steve, ADDCO at www.addcoinc.com makes the bars. I've got the rear bar installed and am waiting for the front, but they won't make any until fall unless they get a couple more orders. Go for it, I had these on my '68 high top years ago and the lean on cornering was dramatically reduced. I really want my front bar NOW for summer driving!

Thanks!

Stuart MacMillan '84 Westy w/2.1

P.S., I've had the 1.25 rockers for about 25,000 miles now in a new engine, and no oil consumption. You may have worn guides, in which case the extra lateral force on the valve stem with the 1.25s would cause even more wear.

I did have excessive oil consumtion (400 mi/quart) with my new (professionally rebuilt) engine immediately, but that was because the rings failed to seat. They were replaced under warranty, and every thing has been fine since. The rebuilder says about 10% of the time this happens. I told him to just replace the rings that come with his pistion/cylinder sets right off the bat and save us all some trouble!