Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:09:27 -0400
From:         "Michael S. Nichols" <msnichols@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: '85 Vanagon Sunroof - DUMPING!  HELP!
Comments: To: Dustin Fitch <dfitch@MASSINSIGHT.COM>

Hello from Atlanta, Ga. We have an '81 sunroof Vanagon, and that same problem plagued us last year. I hosed out the interior rain channels, fished the drain tubes, cleaned out the track of any scum and leaf mung. I still have the old worn seal in place. Now, for all that, mine stopped leaking. Are you sure all is clean in the track area? Are you sure that the roof closes firmly? The sunroof panel sort of jumps up in the last tweak of the cranking so that it is flush with the van top...... I hope this helps you find the problem. The sunroof is the most wonderful option the Vanagon could have! Ours is open any day the weather is nice outside.

Regards,

Mike and Christy Nichols 2-'81's ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dustin Fitch" <dfitch@MASSINSIGHT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 11:36 AM Subject: '85 Vanagon Sunroof - DUMPING! HELP!