Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:04:46 -0700
From:         Bill N <freeholder@STARBAND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Day 4 (west to east)
Comments: To: jbrush@AROS.NET

I just spoke to a fuel tech at Chevron. I was put in touch with him by the local distributor, who is a client of mine. The fuel tech tells me that the octane difference from state to state is not an elevation issue. As he pointed out, if it was, it would not change suddenly when you crossed a state line, but would be regional. He tells me that is is actually a result of state regulations, and that's the reason it changes suddenly when you cross a state line.

Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Brush" <jbrush@AROS.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 8:24 AM Subject: Re: Day 4 (west to east)