Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:09:13 -0500
From:         anthony kimmons <akimmons@HOUSTON.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: tune up question (just curious)
Comments: To: dave bowers <dave@SPARKPLUG.COM>

My experience with Tune-Up Masters, Gessner Rd., Houston, TX... Went in to get a tune up...Guys seemed all together perplexed by the Vanagon. (This was in the days before I did my own work and so I had no choice but to go there) I sat around for about an hour while they fiddled with the engine. Wanted to leave the whole time, thinking this was a big mistake...

Then they came in and told me I needed to have my fuel injectors cleaned for another 25.00 or so. I figured that's a pretty good price for taking these apart and cleaning them, so I said OK.

I paid and left when they were done, but my van stalled before I reached the first block. It started right back up so I figured it was a bubble in the fuel system or something.

Well, when I got home, I noticed that there was a full, unopened bottle of STP fuel injector cleaner balanced on the rain gutter of the van, over the gas filler. They had neglected to put in the cleaner!!! And had charged me 20 bucks for a simple cleaner that anyone can buy and put into their gas tank!!!

I was pissed! I wrote some emails to TuneUp Masters to complain, but never will go there again...I got no response from them anyway.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but the guys that work in these places are NUMBSKULLS! Don't go there with any car, expecially a Vanagon or any car you care about... Just my experience... -t

--

Anthony Kimmons, Houston Texas http://www.akimmons.com