Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Jul 2002 17:31:11 -0700
From:         Jack <john.cook58@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: DIY Vanagon Trip Computer Update
Comments: To: Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>

Hey, that's interesting.

Designing such a trip computer has been something I've wanted to do for years, but if they're already available so cheap, there's no excuse to wait (especially now that I just retired).

The sensor magnet attachment looks like a challenge. What kind of adhesive are you using? Aquarium? It'll be interesting to see if that holds up with the heat & dynamic forces. Fortunately, the magnet is pretty cheap to replace. Is the reed switch & cable included in the kit?

Please keep us informed.

//Jack '85 Vanagon