Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:27:16 -0700
From:         sanford schulwolf <sanfordachulwolf@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Group Buy Announcement for Upgrade Digifant ECU Chips

Hello List,

Hopefully in a few days I will place an order for either one Digifant ECU upgrade Chip or ten, maximum available is twenty. To receive a discount on the chips, postage and insurance, I need nine others who are interested in owning the upgrade chip. The chip is the real one, shipping out of Australia. All Chips are guaranteed by the manufacturer to work in healthy Digifant ECU marked, 22D and I’ll take the responsibility to implement his guarantee, providing the chip has not been abused or damaged.

COST The cost of the upgrade chip is $250 delivered via USPS insured mail in the US or $255 US$ to Canada. Payments can be made via paypal (add an extra 3%) money order, or personal check. I would like to have a $50 dolor deposit up front before placing the order. If paying by personal check please make one check out for $50, or the full amount, if you would like the chip sent out ASAP. Upon receiving the chips, I’ll send everyone involved an email at which time full payment will be expected within three weeks. If payment isn’t received in three weeks you lose your deposits. All personal checks need to clear my bank before a chip goes out in the mail.

SHIPPING TIME It should take about two weeks for delivery to San Francisco from the time I give the supplier my credit card information. My family and I are heading up to British Columbia on July 25. I’d like to place the order ASAP to see if the supplier might expedite delivery. Anyone who has paid in full will have his or her chip sent out two days after arrival. Anyone who hasn’t paid in full or if the chips do not arrive before 7/25, I’ll be back in San Francisco on 8/10/02 and will deal with matters promptly.

FINE PRINT I will close the group punches four hours after receiving the 9th deposit. People paying with personal checks, who are paying in full can simply email me and I’ll put their names down as confirmed but please, follow through. Any technical questions can be answered through the attachments below. If something unforeseen happens, i.e. the dolor goes into a tail spend or the number of chips stated aren’t available, I limit my liability to simply returning the money collected. If you would like to find out more information about me please see my work site at; www.sanfordphoto.com. I’m a list lurker and have had my 91 syncro camper w/58k for the last two and a half years. If you have any questions about, “who this guy is,” please call me and I’ll be glade to talk. Please lets keep this friendly people!!!!

Sincerely, Sanford L. Schulwolf

244 9th Street San Francisco, CA 94103

P) 415.522.0155 F) 415.522.0156

Volkswagen Digifant computer Chip upgrade > > This new re-programmed computer chip was developed > here in Sydney, > Australia by Vintage Vee Dub Supplies. It has been > designed for reasons of > simplicity as a " BOLT ON " performance > component, without having to > tear down the engine to re build or change the > camshaft. > > It has been designed to be used with the standard > camshaft, and hi lift > ratio rockers, 1.4:1 either Gene Berg or CB > Performance or similar. > > The Chip will only fit the Digifant 022D > computer or ECU > > Basically the chip is a type that can be re > programmed. The chip has been > designed to enrich the fuel mixture across the total > motor RPM range. > > Our program adjusts the air fuel mixture through > every RPM range throughout > the full travel of the throttle in each gear. This > is done to suit hi lift > ratio rockers which push the valve open further than > standard and therefore > allow more time for the fuel air mixture to enter > the combustion chamber > and charge the chamber to its maximum capacity > therefore creating more > power with ignition. > > Prior to fitting we suggest that you fine tune your > vehicle by making sure > all other components are in new or good condition, > ie spark plugs, plug > leads, distributor cap, rotor, air filter, fuel > injectors giving you the > correct amount of fuel delivery, all electrical > connectors, and exhaust > etc. > > Before fitting any performance components to your > vehicle we further > suggest that you have a dyno test carried out on > your vehicle, on a roller > type dyno and obtain a power run figures in 3 rd > gear. If you do this first > and get your performance figures this will be the > base starting point. > > We do not provide any performance figures or > claimers, as there are too > many variations with each vehicle, eg fuel, > compression, wear and tear on > engine, and or weather conditions, however suffice > to say that you will > notice the difference in performance. We upgraded > the company vehicle some > 5 years ago, this is a 1990 VW single cab for the > past 6 years, and its > still running strong. > > In our experience, we have not seen any loss of fuel > consumption, however > our clients have noted in many cases, better fuel > consumption, but as you > know it always depends on how the individual drivers > and of course road > conditions, city or freeway etc. Once again too many > variables. > > The chip comes with fitting instructions, you also > need a screwdriver, long > nose pliers and scissors. > > CAUTION :- ONCE THE CHIP IS FITTED, PLEASE DO NOT > TRY AND REMOVE TOO MANY > TIMES AS THIS WILL WEAKEN THE CONTACT PINS AND > POSSIBLE CAUSE THEM TO BREAK > OFF OR BEND. > > AS WITH ALL TYPICAL COMPUTOR CHIPS, IT IS NOT > DESIGNED TO BE REMOVED AND > REPLACED MORE THAN 2 OR 3 TIMES. >

http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0008C&L=vanagon&P=R5263

http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0008A&L=vanagon&P=R22421

http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0008C&L=vanagon&P=R8799

http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0008A&L=vanagon&P=R9165