Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Jul 2002 00:52:04 -0400
From:         Timothy Crooks <eungkeupsil@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Running on Tap Water (was Re: Attention California
              Vanagonites)
Comments: To: Fryday <fryday@CALIFORNIA.COM>

I am no chemist, nor physicist, nor do I claim to be, but it has been demonstrated to, when I was about 14, by a chemist, that water can be used to make a fire burn hotter. He pointed out that there must be a fuel present, but when water as in the form of a steam, a true dry steam, the caloric output is increased. He explained how this works, but at the time I was either too young to understand it (and I was focusing my energy into unwinding one of nature's other mysteries; girls). As a result of my inattention, I do not understand how it works. (and women are still a mystery too). The one thing I do remember is that a fuel must be present.

I many of the VW history books it is noted that some eary Kübelwagens and VW staff cars were modified with charcoal burners because petrol was very short. I wonder how this was done? And in the 1940's. I do not think it would go over well with California's CARB regulations, but it does make you realize that we are not so limited to the fossil fuels. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Fryday" <fryday@CALIFORNIA.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 15:56 Subject: Running on Tap Water (was Re: Attention California Vanagonites)