Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:09:00 +0100
From:         Clive Smith <clive.harman-smith@NTLWORLD.COM>
Subject:      Re: Locking differential

'They also recommended if you can only afford one Locker, put it in the front diff!

Also, when talking about an almost ideal 50/50 weight distribution this is very much altered when the diff-lock might be needed most - when going up hilss, when the rear will have additional force on it due to: a) Angle vehicle b) Load transfer under acceleration, which of course is always required when moving from stuck to unstuck

Clive Smith '88 Syncro Transporter (twin diff-locks)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay L Snyder" <Jay.L.Snyder@USA.DUPONT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 5:57 PM Subject: Re: Locking differential