Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Jul 2002 22:56:28 -0400
From:         Chad G <groch@WORLDCHAT.COM>
Subject:      1985 Vanagon GL's  FOR SALE

Located near Hamilton Ontario Canada......

I have 2 VW Vanagon's for sale. Both run, but both need some work......here is the low down on each...

1985 GL Weekender was daily driver until I bought a newer car ~140k miles heads have been done and do not leak many new parts including: water pump, several brake lines, starter, new Interstate battery, thermostat, serveral coolant lines, muffler, cat, tailpipe, wires, plugs, dist., rotor, many more parts I just can't remember -this van has the folding bed -the interior is in good condition body is in decent condition with only minor seam rust

what needs attention............ 4speed tranny is on it's way out as it grinds a bit going into third gear there is a slight hesitation upon acceleration (this doesn't happen all the time) which may be the fuel filter a rubber grommet is missing from the top of the fuel tank and overflows if filled completely front heater doesn't work

1985 GL this van was bought as a back up for the above van was purchase from the original owner it has 200,000km on the engine It was a daily driver until I bought it auto tranny that shifts very well heads have been done needs brake work has factory A/C oil pan heater installed there is a coolant line with a hole it it (I have a new replacement pipe but haven't installed it) front heater works, rear heater is not installed interior is in great condition has a swivel table in it very rusty body there is an exhaust leak

in an ideal world I will sell these vans to the same person. Both will run with minimal work. Together they would make one GREAT vehicle, however, I'm willing to sell them seperatly........... I'm have no idea of what they are worth so at this point I'll entertain offers.......... feel free to email me with any questions you have...........I do have pictures of the non-GL that I can forward immediately..... thanks for reading, Chad 519 647-2563