Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:46:49 -0600
From:         Simon <simon@FARRSIDE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Syncro Capabilities

I've got a 16V 'rocco AND a Syncro Van. The van is essentially unmodified and has bad shocks and is the 2nd most capable off-roader I've ever been in anyway. The Scirocco is a spectacular car on-road. It's OK on hard-packed dirt, but you'll lose your fillings. I suspect that with aggressive tires, it would handle 1cm of mud just fine, or looser dirt, provided you don't attempt to drive over a rock bigger than perhaps 3 inches tall. My Jetta with essentially identical suspension does fine in the rougher stuff, but not nearly as good as any of my old beetles did. The first-most-capable off-roader I've been in is a monstrously modified old full-size Jeep, but since his tranny and front drive shaft blew up, I guess the Syncro wins... -Simon

PS. where is this Scirocco list?