Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:49:47 -0400
From:         Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Bad weather

Well, already 2 weeks! And 6000km later (3700miles) Been to eastern Quebec (Gaspe), PEI, NB and NS

Only 3 days of sunshine on 16 (If I can call that sunshine!) and many days of cloudy sky, cold temperature, foggy days, high wind and a lot of rain... Not nice, I was hopping for more than that:( (Those were my worse summer vacation in 10 years)

Check the weather if you are going to those provinces.

No problem with the westy, like always.

If you need any advice on those places, please feel free to ask.

Average fuel consumption: 440/500km per tank (279/310 miles) Oil consumption: 1 quart for the whole trip. Problem: One small, one of the 2 new front heather hose slowly made its way to the drive axle and melted, luckily I was in a town-driving situation. Half a quart lost, no need for bleeding, I just clamp the hose each side and added a metal joiner. (my mistake!!!)

I met a lot of nice westy owner, especially a nice couple from Vermont in an 85 Westy.

Regards, Ben http://www3.sympatico.ca/huotx/engine1.htm http://www.vwvans.com/