Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Aug 2002 05:02:47 -0400
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      Re: cylinder index (funny Friday hijinx)
Comments: To: Peder <pederthevwnut@msn.com>

> All this talk about big SUV's had me thinking about how we measure a man's > worth here in Minnesota. Its called the Cylinder Index. How it works is you > count how many cylinders your vehicles, lawn equipment and toys have; and > that's your cylinder index. I for one have a C.I. of 20. 4 for the Vanagon, > 4 for the bug, 4 for the extra engine, 6 for the evil S.U.V. (that I > wouldn't trade for anything), 1 for the weed whacker and 1 for the gas > powered remote control bug. You can count 4 wheelers, snowmobiles and boats > if you have them. Now the key is, if you're a real man it should equal at > least your age. If not, go buy more cylinders, especially big SUV's with 8 > or 10 cylinder engines.

OK. It's 0430 Friday morning. The 10 month old got me UP with some teeth cutting blues and those bean/cheese quesdillas I made for supper last night have done gone musical and I keep laughing about this STUPID Cylinder Index.

I'm 51... 87 Westy ...4 84 Westy ...4 Spare 1.9...4 91 Van ...4 74 MGB ...4 81 Rabbit...4 82 VW PU ...4 93 S-10 ...6 Stihl chain saws...2 (one big , one small) Weed whackers... 2 (one good , one bad) Lawnmower, battery... 0 (small city lot) Wheel Horse Riding tractor...2 (cabin site) Lawnmower...1 (ditto) Ford 800... 2 (4, but I share it with a brother)

Let's see now, that's a CI of 43. I can't wait to tell my wife that I really can't sell off any of the "fleet". Even though someone out there might think I'm "odd" because I own, drive, keep and maintain all those NON-Collectable vehicles. Even though she (correctly, I might add ) has been pushing for greater simplicity in our lives for three years now (I'm working on it). OH BOY! OH BOY!! NOW, I have to go get another couple of VWs just to pump that CI up another 8 points! ... or maybe a very quiet ATV and one VW ... or maybe a MB E320 and a new Wheel Horse ... or maybe one VW, a new Wheel Horse and a back up generator for the cabin Oh MY GAWD!!! The possibilities are endless! Too bad there aren't more dead dinosaurs down there somewhere! <g> -- Stephen Chillicothe OH