Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Aug 2002 08:19:01 -0400
From:         Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>
Subject:      Impromptu Vanagon-list/LiMBO night at the Drive-In - 8/18
Comments: cc: limbo@bcn.net, wendy & John <wsilva@capecod.net>

Hi All,

I really didn't plan on doing this, but a number of folks asked me, during Transporters by the Tunnel, to put together a drive-in night. So, here it is:

Vanagon-list/LiMBO night at the Drive-in,

Sunday, August 18 (arrive around 6:30 pm or so)

Route 146 N. Smithfield, RI 02876 (401) 769-7601

$20/car-load

The Rustic has three screens and runs double features, so there's bound to be something for every taste (or lack thereof). The mgt. of the drive-in puts all vans in the back rows. However, I've found this to be an advantage in that you can park the van facing what the kids want to watch, and you can take a beach chair and face one of the other two screens (bring an FM radio to pick up the audio). I don't know what will be playing that night, but you can go to the movie section at www.projo.com to find out a few days in advance.

I have also scheduled this event to be on the evening of the Terryville VW show. So if you go to the show, you can do the drive-in on the way home.

Directions to the Rustic:

From Boston take I-95 south toward Providence to I-295 south to route 146 north

From points west take Mass Pike to the exit for 146 south

From points south take I-95 north toward Providence to route 146