Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:07:03 -0700
From:         Eric Unrau <eunrau@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Cleaning and filling the water tank...
Comments: To: Scott & Barb Stothers <kintail@SHAW.CA>

If you are asking whether to disinfect your drinking water tank before filling it; my answer would be yes.

Whenever mine sits unused for longer than a week or two between trips, I pour half a cup of bleach in, fill the tank, run the tap until it smells bleachy, and then let it sit for an hour or so before draining rinsing and filling with fresh water. Safe, tasty drinking water, straight from the tap.

Of course, draining the tank well and letting it dry out before putting the lid back on, between trips is the best way to prevent the nasties from taking up residence in your water tank.

~Eric~ '89 Westy Vancouver, BC