Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:07:59 -0400
From:         Helen Fahy <72510.1173@COMPUSERVE.COM>
Subject:      Re: WAS-RE: Vendor Rant
Comments: To: Sean Garrett <SEAN.GARRETT@ASU.EDU>

Fellow Listmembers,

I do not believe that accepting poor service or damaged product from 'net vendors, as a given cost of using the 'net, is reasonable. I do believe that some form of publicly viewable vendor/customer feedback, not unlike what Ebay maintains, would be beneficial to all. There would be abuses and misunderstandings in any such system, but overall trends of poor vendors or poor customers are going to be hard to hide. The system should allow responses to feedback to be allowed and viewable.

As a metaphor for the value for this type of feedback, consider two restaurants, side by side, one with cars parked out in front, the other with none. What conclusions might you draw, assuming both were open serving the same type of food? As a counterpoint, if one of the parking lots is full of broken beer bottles, what conclusions might you draw about the clientele?

With the anonymity of the 'net, little if any of this accessory information is available for informed shopping.

Major snip-

After considering this why complain about something that will happen. Instead give praise when a on-line order goes right !

End snip-

I believe the list contains at least one of my most recent postings where I have thanked individuals and businesses for successful 'net/mail-order transactions.

SNIPPED FROM: Re: lugs and studs for alloy LONG- Project & quasi TRIP REPORT Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 12:22:16 -0400

Big Thanks to: Doug Stewart @ European Imports Lockhaven,PA(mounted/balanced tires/wheels & 7" headlight fittings), Derek Drew(wheels), Tirerack(tires), Bus Depot(rear brake components), Vanagain(headlights) and Bugs and Buggies(studs).

Respectfully, Joe Fahy '87 Westy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sean Garrett" <SEAN.GARRETT@ASU.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 4:49 PM Subject: WAS-RE: Vendor Rant