Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Aug 2002 18:53:51 -0500
From:         anthony kimmons <akimmons@HOUSTON.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: head gasket replacement time
Comments: To: Dart 330 <dart330@HOTMAIL.COM>

I did the gasket replacement / JB Weld thing with dealer VW head gaskets when I first rebuilt my engine and it started leaking again about six months later (when the season / temperature changed...) Might have been my fault, as it was my first engine rebuild ever. Probably made some mistakes.

I had a good job at the time and so spent the extra bucks to get some new/refurbished Boston Engine heads and bought the gaskets and stuff from him too. They were beautiful and Boston Bob is a hell of a nice guy. So far no problems although I haven't been driving it a great deal. This was about a year and a half ago. Good Luck. Tony

--

Anthony Kimmons, Houston Texas http://www.akimmons.com