Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Aug 2002 08:46:51 -0700
From:         Tracy Bonin <icculus22420@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      second battery relay kit

Hello, well I'm installing a kitchenette from a Westy to my 85' GL, and there are just a few issues with the relay kit I bought. On the directions it says that it can be used not only for a 2nd battery, but also to power a kitchenette. Ok, that solves the problem of having to figure out how to wire from the 2nd battery to the unit, but anyways...

on the directions all the wires are pretty clear except for one. It shows the black wire going towards the front of the bus in between the seats. It says that the black wire is the one that tells the relay to stop power when the bus is off. But it doesn't say where it goes. It just shows it going in between the seats and from there theres nothing. Theres a little discription of what it does, but other than that ya got me. Does it go to my actual fuse panel? To somewhere by my ignition? Help.

Second it says that to use pin 2 for the 2nd battery, and pin 6 for the fridge. Again with no discription of what this pin that they speak of is. Help.

Third, I was hoping that someone would be able to tell me when I would be able to tell that it's wired correct. We think that we found the wire that we need to connect to the relay from the fridge, but again we are going to have to test to see if it works. Because there are so many wires that go to random things that I don't have a clue to. From the Bentley manual I looked at, it looks as if some of the wires go to either the water tank, or the water tank cabinets electrical outlets in a westy, but I don't know which ones that it is. If someone would be able to tell me which wires go to the h20 pump that would help too. I don't even know if I got the right one. I got the one that was pictured in the Bentley that stays outside the tank, but the Bus Depot had 2. One for up to 81, the one that I got, and one that goes in the tank from 82 and up or something. Should I have gotten the other one, or will that work? Since I have to find a h20 tank that will fit under the cabinet I thought that I could make it work, but looking at the wires maybe I should have gotten the other one.

Any help on any of this stuff is greatly appreciated.

thanx,

Tracy

85' GL

Third