Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:17:16 -0400
From:         Jay L Snyder <Jay.L.Snyder@USA.DUPONT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Flush & Fill & Fan Switch questions
Comments: To: Malcolm Stebbins <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA>

Yes! This is the beauty of it. It is tied into the heater loop which is always open (at least it is on my 1.9l '85). It makes a great drain spot as well as flush point. No need to jack up the front end. No need to remove any hoses or drain bolts on the bottom of the engine. Turn on the water and flush away. When it is fairly clear, run the engine with the pressure cap off and excess flow coming out of the tank. Remove the radiator bleed bolt and put the pressure cap back on loosely. You will have a little fountain shooting out the top of the radiator. When all is clear, shut off the engine and remove the hose. Drain out through the tee. This will leave some water in the system. Cap the Prestone tee. Add straight coolant (not 50/50 mix). Two gallons is about right. Top off with water. Bleed the system as usual. Several heat cycles will usually be enough to bleed the system.

Jay

Malcolm Stebbins <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA>@gerry.vanagon.com> on 08/01/2002 02:23:25 PM

Please respond to Malcolm Stebbins <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA>