Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Aug 2002 19:41:19 -0700
From:         Good Ole Volk <goodolevolk@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      !! Buses On The River, August 16-18
          Dan Target <dantargett@aol.com>, Jonovan Barnes <bmwhovan@yahoo.com>,
          SHAWN M BENNETT-TMI <tm1-shawn.m.bennett@cnet.navy.mil>,
          Eddie Bernhard <serpent@preferred.com>,
          Tom Dana Cates <tcates1@charter.net>,
          Mike D'angelo <hippiebus1970@chartertn.net>,
          Dave Sheryl <mad_uncle_dave@hotmail.com>,
          David and Kim <dkc96@chartertn.net>, Tom Davis <i4vw@aol.com>,
          FMBC <fullmoon@hville.net>

Heard people talking about last year? Can’t get enough of the breakfast burritos? Wondering what to do the third weekend in August? Pondering the meaning of life, or at least the theory behind the oil-spot award? Buses On The River is your solution to all of life’s little pains, sniffles, sneezes, coughs, aches, stuffy heads, and fevers. OK, not really… but it’s darn good medicine, anyway.

The campground manager, L.D., is letting us back; so we’re doing it again for 2002. Bring your swimsuit, your banjo, your flotation device, and a smile.

If all goes well, we’ll be having a pig roast on Saturday night, and would appreciate any contributions and pig-eating accessories. We’re trying our darndest to pick out just the right pig for roast, but in order for this to happen, we need an estimate of how many persons will be attending our event, so that we can figure on the size of our prize-winning squealer. EMAIL ME IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING, AS I NEED TO HAVE A ROUGH ESTIMATE OF THE ATTENDANCE IN ORDER TO HAVE A PIG ROAST! If you don't let me know, then we will NOT be having a pig roast! I'm not asking for a committment, just a probability. CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR DETAILS on what else to bring!!

We had several folks ask for the availability of a T-Shirt with the design by T.J. Spivey. We plan on making those available this year, but with an inexpensive twist: We would like everyone to bring your own cotton/ poly blend shirt for “on-site” screen-printing! This way, you know the shirt fits, and you only have to pay for the screen-printing. If you forget your shirt, or just don’t want to bring one, we should have just a few classic white shirts available for purchase, for cheap! ;) Each screen print will cost only $5.00 each!!

So here’s the low-down: (copy, paste, print, magnet it to refrigerator)

BUSES ON THE RIVER August 16-18 At the Nolichucky Gorge Campground in Erwin, TN http://www.angelfire.com/tn/nolichucky/index.html Cost is $6.00, per person, per night; full hook-ups also available for an additional $5.00 per site, per night Event Website is: http://www.geocities.com/goodolevolk/busriver.html and is chock full of information, including directions, the food sign-up and recipe listing, as well as the place to check for ALL updates and info changes. Email for replies, questions, comments, concerns: GoodOleVolk@yahoo.com If you just don’t want to type out your questions or need to pass the news along to someone who doesn’t email, then by all means, call me: [cell](423)612-0248 [fax](423)230-0986 or Dicko: [cell] (423)292-4966

For those who haven’t previously attended: We will be camping alongside the Nolichucky River, at the Nolichucky Gorge Campground in Erwin, TN. This campground was built by many rafters, kayakers, and hikers hours of fruitful volunteer efforts. It is positioned within one of the deepest gorges in the entire Southeast, and has great water accessibility, not to mention literally bordering the National Forest and the Appalachian Trail. All beverages and all dogs are WELCOME within the campground, so it is a perfect spot for us! At only an hour's drive from Asheville and just 2 hours from Knoxville, it makes for the PERFECT TENNESSEE camping experience!

If you're into mountain biking, watersports, hiking, eating, fishing, or just plain doing nothing, then this is the campout for you. The middle of August will be hot, but the water will be cool and the pines that we will be camping under will provide ample shade. Experience August as it ought to be experienced... with your VW friends, at the Buses On The River campout!

The TN Mechanized looks forward to seeing everybody from last year and MANY more!

Your politician at large, (without the need for hanging chads) Travis “T” Adams

===== + Power to the People's Car! + BUSES ON THE RIVER http://www.geocities.com/goodolevolk/busriver.html ---------------------------------------- http://www.geocities.com/goodolevolk http://www.fullmoonbusclub.com http://www.goodolevolks.com