Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Aug 2002 18:47:06 -0700
From:         Jack <john.cook58@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: mice and chewed wiring?

This is a well known problem at some trailheads in the western Sierras (end of road parking at trail access points in the mountains). It's a rude shock to come back to your vehicle after several days on the trail to find that rubber hoses in the engine compartment have been trashed, usually coolant.

Some folks temporarily stuff screen wire in the under vehicle access areas. I saw one guy who erected a temporary chicken wire fence completely around his truck. The problem is primarily with marmots, a large ground based rodent, so this works.

//Jack '85 Weekender