Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:44:28 -0400
From:         "G. Matthew Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Re: A/C Performance in '91 GL

I've heard from two AC techs that the key to keeping your LONG-TERM AC bill to a minimum, is do some SHORT TERM maintenance. That means bi-annual evacuation, and replacement of the receiver/filter/dryer, and a topping-up of the oil. Evacuation boils off ALL moisture in the system, keeping the parts from rusting internally

Also suggested was turning the AC once or twice a month in the winter (on warmer days) for a minute or two to circulate the oil.

To expose my hypocrisy, it was 4 years since my last evac, etc.

Developing business and guiding change since 1996,

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett Marketing & Communications Business: www.bulley-hewlett.com AIM = IExplain4u Phone: +1.919.658.1278