Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:58:07 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: propane filling problem
Comments: To: Jay L Snyder <Jay.L.Snyder@USA.DUPONT.COM>

At 09:44 AM 8/12/2002, Jay L Snyder wrote: >Are you guys opening the vent fitting? Your tank should never take 2.95 >gallons, unless they are ripping you off. My tank just ran out last week >and I had it filled. I watched the guy do it. He filled it until liquid >came out the vent fitting. 2.3 gallons is all it will take to fill >correctly. Sounds like you were over-filled or just over-charged. It is >only a 3 gallon tank. 75-80% full is about 2.3 gallons.

Jay, the tank is advertised (in the Camper manual) to accept three gallons. Mine takes 2.8 from empty until the bleed valve starts venting liquid. Bleed valve is mounted at the "80% WC (water capacity)" point as is standard.

All of this depends on filling on a level surface. Aft or left-side high will overfill; Forward or right-side high will underfill. At the taxi company in Arbroath Scotland their fill was on a noticeable hill and we never got more than 1.5 gallons from empty.

david

-- David Beierl -- dbeierl@attglobal.net