Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:52:54 -0700
From:         Donna Stewart <DStewart@CHRM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Is a black interior common?? THANKS ALL
Comments: To: jtharvey2@HOTMAIL.COM

I had an 85 Quantum turbodiesel with black/gray velour and black plastic on the backs/sides of seats, etc. I have seen a Vanagon or two like this (usually the outside is silver, as was my Quantum). I really liked the color scheme.

>>> "J. Harvey" <jtharvey2@HOTMAIL.COM> 08/14/02 10:34AM >>> Chris,

The original window sticker says it entered at "Vancouver, WN." I assume they meant Washington since it was sold by Riviera Motors in Hillsboro, OR (is Riviera where the ASI came from??) and then spent most of it's life in Seattle. It is a GL with a 3" maroon pin-stripe.

The window sticker also lists "Black Velour Interior" as an option. The interior is just like the common dark_blue_plastic and light_blue_fabric scheme but with with black_plastic and grey/black_fabric. Would that be considered velour? It reminds me of a MkI Jetta for some reason.

I guess it doesn't really matter, I love it and am just curious, trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks for all those who have helped me and my new van this week.