Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:07:51 -0400
From:         "G. Matthew Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Loss of Power False Air Oil Breather?

Tell us more about the symptoms and less about the things you did. Loss of power when? Under load? On acceleration? All circumstances? Does it idle correctly? Is the fuel pressure correct? When did this loss of power start, all at once following some DIY futzing, or gradually over time? If it started all at once, what did you do just prior? If gradually, what has been different in the circumstances lately? Hotter weather? New gas station? New teen driver with access to the Van? Carrying an 18-ton commemorative anchor from your trip to the USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial?

From the tiny bit you described, I'd guess the timing is off, you have a clogged filter (could the air filter have gotten wet?) or your Catalytic converter is melted/fused and plugged.

Developing business and guiding change since 1996,

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett Marketing & Communications Business: www.bulley-hewlett.com AIM = IExplain4u Phone: +1.919.658.1278