Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Aug 2002 18:07:28 EDT
From:         Mark Watts <MVAone@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: reinforced tire
Comments: To: hseaver@CYBERSHAMANIX.COM

When I was at Purdue I worked at Sears in various capacities. One was as a car 'inspector'. It was my duty to check cars over for anything else they might need besides their scheduled service. Tires of course were included. Many tire brands exhibited slipped belts, in other words the tread had shifted from the inner core of the tire so it looked like a snake when you rotated the tire. Bad. Firestone was the worst (721) but almost all other brands were culprits except Michelin. I never saw one do it. One lady had over 100,000 miles on a set and they were bald but they were perfect.

This is what you don't want to hear: Oh fuXX, Oh fuXX, Oh fuXX, Oh fuXX, when your wife is fixing a sandwich in the back of the van at 70 mph when a rear tire goes. BTDT.

Happy owner of Michelins. Ask me more if you want.

Mark 87 Westy