Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:23:05 -0400
From:         Chris Earl <vw_traveler@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tires again: Are there any 205/70R14 LT tires on the market?
Comments: To: Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>

Todd, the site you recommended is for a tire dealer in South Africa. In the course of this discussion I have noticed that several manufacturers sell 205/70 R14 or 195/75 R14 tires (nearly same circumference) with reinforced sidewalls overseas, but don't sell them in the U.S. Are you aware of any dealers that carry the XCAs in the U-S-of-A?

Chris

p.s. So far, the only tires I have found from major dealers like tires.com or NTB or tirerack that are bigger than the 185s the mfrs seem to want us to settle for AND meet the load ratings specified for the Vanagon/Westfalia AND have reinforced sidewalls are the Yokohama Y356 195/75-14, and I think they are closeouts.