Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:11:10 -0400
From:         Marla Stelk <mjstelk@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need to replace a pushrod

Ken,

Thanks for the heads up! (No pun intended, hee hee) I just changed to oil, too, so its kind of a bummer, but you gotta do what you gotta do, eh?

Peace, Marla ----- Original Message ----- From: kdlewis@juno.com Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 5:10 PM To: mjstelk@HOTMAIL.COM Subject: Re: Need to replace a pushrod Marla; Unless you are planning on removing the head you MUST use the spring type. I would change the oil after such an operation anyway so go ahead and drain it.

Good Luck and Drive Safely Ken Lewis 86 Crewcab 220K+ miles http://Neksiwel.20m.com/

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:05:38 -0400 Marla Stelk <mjstelk@HOTMAIL.COM> writes: > Hi all, > > I wrote earlier that I had an oil leak coming from my oil pressure > relief valve, which is still present and I am going to replace the > washer and see if that stops it. Thanks to all who responded. I > also discovered, however, that I have a leak coming the end of one > of my pushrods. Its the same one that is dented where someone > evidently tried to ram a socket in to undo the drain plug. I think > the dent managed to pull out or shorten the pushrod enough to cause > a small leak. Or possibly it just unseated the pushrod...? I have > no experience with pushrods and I am wondering if I have to drain > the oil before I take the dented one out? Same with the oil > pressure relief valve. Also, any recommendations for a novice on > the type of pushrod to purchase? I found the spring ones and just > plain ones, but not sure which is best. Thanks in advance for your > help. > > Thanks! > Marla > '87 Van "Morrison" 2.1L DigifantGet more from the Web. FREE MSN > Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com >

________________________________________________________________ Get FREE E-MAIL and FREE INTERNET ACCESS! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com