Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:42:03 -0700
From:         Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Not passing smog, still... Need help!
Comments: To: Steven@epochdesign.com

At 04:32 PM 08/21/2002, you wrote: >I did a check on the O2 sensor today and this is what I found. >Open loop: .8-.84VDC

So, that's rich. What happens when you turn out the CO screw?? Remember, you must set up things per Bentley to do the adjustment. Disconnect the idle control and plug the leads together. Disconnect the temp sensor. Pull the crankcase breather hose and plug the hole in the intake duct. Disconnect the oxy. Verify with Bentley cause there may be something else I've missed.

>Closed loop: .06-.84VDC fluctuation (went to .06-.07 and .82-.84 at almost >every cycle). >Flux seemed to be in .25-.75 sec increments.

The swing is larger than normal, but it does show the oxy is responding correctly and talking to the ECU. Follow open loop adjustment procedure and get a setting as close to 0.5 volt as possible. Then hook up everything and check the closed loop flux again.

>I am still not convinced that the injectors are 100%. >Anyone out there have a couple good injectors I can buy cheap. I'd like to >go around and replace one at a time to see what happens to the O2 flux.

A visual test of spray pattern is all you need to confirm. Replace any not giving a fine mist.

>I have used the factory spec'd Bosch plugs as suggested. I still need to >check the compression.

That always needs to be verified first, then timing and only then fuel delivery.