Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:31:14 -0400
From:         Clarence J Falarski <lamont@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: But My Van Isn't Worth That Much

Hello John:

Your and my van is worth exactly what we want it to be and if we put more $$$ in it than it's worth , well that's ok.. One of the most important values that our vans give us is the piece of mind and knowing that we can go on a trip somewhere and not worrying if we will break down or not.

Every day I read on the list, " what is the CHEAPEST way to fix a specific problem, etc,etc, " no wonder these vehicles break down and we read sooo many horror stories about these ongoing and nagging problems. Quite frankly I am tired of hearing all the winning already about these catrostropies. A cheap, quick and dirty repair job will only bring more aggravation later.

While I was in engineering we had a saying, " we never have the time to do it right, but always have the time to do it over ". The same goes for the repair and maintenance of our vehicles. If a person can't afford to fix and or repair it properly then they can always expect problems down the road and perhaps they should seek some other means of transportation.

I know that available $$$ for repairs can be a problem for all of us at times but the "cheapest way" is not the answer.

regards. clarence. 1990 westy