Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:56:35 -0500
From:         Mary Beth and Chris Geiser <geiser@EXECPC.COM>
Subject:      Re: morons (red coolant)
Comments: To: Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

That pink stuff (is that the same as red?) seemed to leak past all my hose clamps in both my van and jetta when I had it in.... blue coolant, no more leaks... Chris

Just FYI but not too long ago my sister needed some red coolant for her '98 Golf. I found a supplier for this red coolant which is what VW puts in all of the new Jettas/Golfs. It is supposed to be a lifetime coolant. I have it for $8 a 1.5 liter bottle (VW dealer wants $15 a bottle). It is called Pentosin. Anyone have an opinion on this stuff for use in the Vanagon? It is Phosphate and Silicate free.

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com Phone: (856)-327-4936 Fax: (856)-327-2242