Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:29:13 -0400
From:         Vanagon man <vgonman@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2 questions...(still looking for a westy)
Comments: To: gordy jones <westyutah@YAHOO.COM>

First thing is.you will learn to be a mechanic with a vanagon, and the aircooled is a lot more user friendly than the water cooled. I have both. The FI system on the aircooled is easier ot diagnose, and you do not have coolant related issues. Your main issue is keeping oil and head temps down, which can easily be done with proper tune ups and an auxillary oil cooler.

Adam P 81 Westy "The Brick " 70 Single Cab "Whitey" 74 Beetle "Ol Yeller" 73 Transporter (STILL at paint shop) 1988 Vanagon Wolfsburg 75 Campmobile "for sale' Used Vanagon Parts for sale (mostly aircooled) ----- Original Message ----- From: "gordy jones" <westyutah@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 2:08 PM Subject: 2 questions...(still looking for a westy)