Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:40:11 -0600
From:         Eric Nettles <enettles@IRAKUSA.COM>
Subject:      Lots of parts available very cheap/Free. (Long)

I wrote early this summer of the burning of my van and the many parts I had for sale. Since then, I have moved to Colorado, but a lack of room in the moving van meant that some things ended up staying in Florida with my parents.

Free to anyone that can drive to get them: One 2.1L engine block, probably would need rebuild as it's been out of the van now for a good while, and has no valves or heads.

One automatic transmission, also could use rebuild, but was working fine for me, free to a good home.

Some overhead grey AC ductwork (Wolfsburg full-length, not Westy style) used but serviceable

Very Cheap: Note: These prices are before shipping if you can't pick them up, and I have to give my dad a little compensation for dragging him out of retirement to ship off my mess for me. Still, everything is very affordable.

$20 One pair KYB Gas-a-just shocks for the rear of the vanagon (wolfsburg)approx 2 years old.

$20 Front Stabilizer bar

$50 Fiberglass bumper set, (from '87 not full carat style covering the sides)some stress cracks at the mounts, and the front driver's corner needs glass work.

$25 Pair of rear side windows, one for each side.

$15.00 White plastic engine hatch lid with heat insulation

$20.00 Gray fabric covered foam engine hatch pad

$80.00 pair of grey rear-facing folding removeable jumpseats. (One's in Colorado, one's in Florida, an oddity of the move I 'spose.)

$20.00 Complete exhaust system, old (original?) but without leaks and though ugly, surprisingly sound.

$20.00 Front heater core and fan.

$25.00 Long plastic coolant hoses from under van.

$75.00 Rear liftgate door, with defroster window pane, 3yr old struts in good shape included, in nearly flawless shape, dark vanagon grey.

$40.00 Light grey snap-in curtain set, 4 total curtains.

In Colorado:

$75.00 2 front seats, captain's chairs, with ajustable armrests, no I'm not going to scavange just the armrests, grey, passenger side in better shape than the driver's (has small cigarette burn patched underneath with more velour) both would look great with a shampoo.

$60.00 ECU (1987 2.1L Wolfsburg)

$20.00 Starter motor

$10.00 Coolant distribution tower, passenger side, got a few months use before the accident.

$5.00 rear wiper motor, arm, blade

$10.00 power side mirrors, gray. You'll need to splice your old connectors on (they just don't come out of that tiny hole in the door)

$20.00 Black original crank up jack, lug wrench, and small 13/10mm brass-ish looking wrench.

Pmail me If you're interested in anything and I'll give you either contact info or shipping/payment info.

Thanks, Eric