Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:28:21 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Which Radiator should I buy?
Comments: cc: Ryan Heidcamp <RHeidcamp01@COMM-WORKS.COM>

> 1. Radiator (below 2 versions are interchangeable) > Radiator German-made 068 121 253E $239.95 > Radiator orig. VW South African made 068 121 253E OR $179.95 > > My radiator has gone the way of rust and mush, so its time to order a > replacement. I have two questions. Is the German made radiator worth the > extra money?

Well, I'll make this one easy for you, as you are obviously quoting our website. The German radiator is no longer available, as the sole remaining U.S. distributor went bankrupt last year. That said, I wouldn't much worry about it. The cheaper one is a genuine VW/SA product and we haven't had a lick of trouble with them. Due to the price difference most people bought them even when the German ones were still around; we sold about 10 S.A. ones for each German one. Mostly it was the "everything on my VW has to be German" sticklers who bought the German ones. In some cases the German product is clearly superior, but not in all cases. This seems to fall into the latter category. I put a South African radiator in my own Vanagon.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT