Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:43:07 EDT
From:         Ben T <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM>
Subject:      SF Van-O-rama update... 2.6 & 1.9 tdd conversions, SA parts etc..
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

<<We have heard about your event and would like to stop by with some vans. I understand that it is a low profile event and that suits us fine. You don't have to worry about any banners or display items with us. Please let me know any details you can and how we might be more involved. I would like to bring 2 or 3 regular old vans with special engines. We would show up with the 5 cylinder - 5 speed, a TDD, and a 1.6 to 1.9 straight conversion. Plus some food.>>

Hey folks,

September 14th is fast approaching so I need to rouse you all from your slumber. The SF Van-O-Rama is coming soon.

Overland/Eurospec sent me the preceding email. Karl Mullendore of Westy Ventures arranged this. Karl has threatened to drive from Maryland for another SF visit.

The Great and Famous (though a bit smelly) Bill Kasper is coming to deliver some of the SA group parts purchase on that day. ;) Some strange fellow from Santa Barbara named Brent Christensen is supposed to be hanging out w/ Mr. Bill to assist.

Karl & Stephanie Wolz from Air-in-Zoner will have a hard time winning the long distance award if the other Karl makes good on his threat.

I wonder if Bob Wing from Detroit will fly in this year? (pun intended). He lost the LD award to Karl because he didn't bring his Westy. He did bring a picture to share.

Speaking of awards, I am open to award donations. You guys don't really want me to buy one with my own money did you? Maybe dig-up some rusty relic out of my backyard. Mike Miller (who is also coming) knows full well of my private wrecking yard behind my house.

Anyway, the day promises to me fantabulous for the Vanagon/T3/Westy/Syncro fans. I'm sure the Vanaru/Syncaru contingent will be there as usual next to the Tiico drivers. Legal swap? Let's talk about it then.

If the old place on 47th and Fulton starts to feel cramped based on RSVP's, how does everyone feel about moving the event to SOUTH San Francisco? They have a new park near the SSF Costco. It's a bit windy but nice and clean. It does get busy so we have to be there early. parking won't be as bad as at our spot in Golden Gate Park. Traffic will be minimal. So less curious passersby. Or do we want the curious? If that's the case, we may have to call on Ottmar to bring his stretch Westy.

Please email your suggestions, questions and/or concerns.

BenT <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bentbtstr8/myhomepage/index.html">Vanagon Cafe</A>